Industrial Saw Operator
The Saw Operator operate a computerized saw that cuts foam blocks into various shapes for mattress production. This position requires a close attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while balancing accuracy, limiting waste, and ensuring safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONBILITIES:
- Selects appropriate materials to be cut
- Set up the saw machine, making adjustments for each job
- Log foam usage
- Identify and tag all foam used in production
- Uses saw to cut materials as specified
- Set stops or guides to specified lengths
- Uses measuring tape and calipers to ensure accuracy
- Identify foam defects
- Place finished goods on the designated pallet or space.
- Complies with all safety programs and policies.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Other duties as may be assigned
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years of operating a saw in a manufacturing setting.
- Forklift experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure and interpret measurements.
- Strength to lift heavy objects during the fabrication/assembly process.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety - Observes all safety procedures and policies; Reports potentially unsafe conditions to supervisor; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to work accurately from verbal and written instructions.
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour